Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Bluediamond118

Divorce/Separation :
Packing his stuff

PinkBerry (original poster new member #85144) posted at 12:27 AM on Thursday, September 26th, 2024

Started with the kitchen to reclaim it from the cluttered mess it was. He just liked everything on the kitchen benches, I like bare surfaces with only things like the kettle and toaster on display. Bought myself a cute set.

The packing of his things is for my benefit, so I don't have to look at them and be reminded of memories. It's good of me, right, to wrap glasses and plates and coffee cups and put them in moving boxes.

I've decided that as he has not taken any accountability or apologised for or admitted to what he's done - that the boxes will not be labelled with contents, and any matching anything (shoes, cutlery, for example) will not be packed in the same box. They'll be spread out throughout all the unlabelled boxes.

Just think of it like those mystery boxes with cosmetics that you don't know what you're gonna get. laugh laugh

id 8849563

leafields ( Guide #63517) posted at 2:03 AM on Thursday, September 26th, 2024

Glad you get to make your space yours again. Why can't you make packing fun? LOL. When I was younger, I used to roll up my socks and put them in my cups & glasses to pad them to keep them from breaking. I'd use my towels to wrap around plates. Reminds me of my teens.

BW M 34years, Dday 1: March 2018, Dday 2: August 2019, D final 2/25/21

posts: 3781   ·   registered: Apr. 21st, 2018   ·   location: Washington State
id 8849569

BearlyBreathing ( member #55075) posted at 3:26 AM on Thursday, September 26th, 2024

Reclaiming your space is powerful. Rearrange the furniture, add a new rug and some fresh pillows on your bed. Make it feel like YOU.

And yeah, think of the fun he’ll have unpacking. laugh laugh

Me: BS 57 (49 on d-day)Him: *who cares ;-) *. D-Day 8/15/2016 LTA. Kinda liking my new life :-)

**horrible typist, lots of edits to correct. :-/ **

posts: 6160   ·   registered: Sep. 10th, 2016   ·   location: Northern CA
id 8849580

OhItsYou ( member #84125) posted at 6:14 AM on Thursday, September 26th, 2024

After you are finished packing each box, launch it at the nearest wall. It’ll help settle the contents neatly.

posts: 175   ·   registered: Nov. 10th, 2023   ·   location: Texas
id 8849586

BluerThanBlue ( member #74855) posted at 7:04 PM on Thursday, September 26th, 2024

I've decided that as he has not taken any accountability or apologised for or admitted to what he's done - that the boxes will not be labelled with contents, and any matching anything (shoes, cutlery, for example) will not be packed in the same box. They'll be spread out throughout all the unlabelled boxes.

As someone who both hates packing and unpacking, and has trouble finding things, sorting through these boxes is how I imagine Hell.

PinkBerry, I can't think of any revenge that could top this.

BW, 40s

Divorced WH in 2015; now happily remarried

I edit my comments a lot for spelling, grammar, typos, etc.

id 8849642
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20241001a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy