Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: Bluediamond118

Reconciliation :
A Positive Trigger

Topic is Sleeping.

Tanner (original poster guide #72235) posted at 10:15 PM on Friday, December 2nd, 2022

Today I had something trigger a positive thought. I had posted earlier in Thankful Thursday that the 3 year anniversary of joining SI is approaching. Things are going well and never thought it could be this good after the 2 months of TT and being jerked around after Dday.

I had a couple errands to run and my W asked if she could tag along. We were gone for a little bit but she needed to get home for a Zoom call and I needed to make one more stop. I dropped her off at the house and ran my last errand. When I get out of my truck at the store, there it was, her phone sitting in my cup holder. She forgot her phone 😮. There it was just me and her phone. When I got home I she was still on the Zoom call, I showed her the phone and she looked puzzled, then said "Oh did I leave it in your truck?"

It took me back to Summer of 2019 when she was glued to her phone constantly, she never set it down near me. Her phone was where I found so many disturbing messages. It was a reminder of two things, She’s not on her phone all the time, because she enjoys being right here and she doesn’t hide it, because there is nothing to hide.

It’s a positive for both of us because she doesn’t have the stress and anxiety of hiding stuff, and I don’t have to be M police. It was a trigger I needed today, if in fact there are positive triggers.

Dday Sept 7 2019 doing well in R BH M 32 years

posts: 3555   ·   registered: Dec. 5th, 2019   ·   location: Texas DFW
id 8767892

WhatsRight ( member #35417) posted at 12:01 AM on Saturday, December 3rd, 2022

So nice when you get a gift like that.

And for her to show no fear or anxiety when she realizes you had access to it.

I’m happy for y’all’s progress! 👍🏼

"Noone can make you feel inferior without your concent." Eleanor Roosevelt

I will not be vanquished. Rose Kennedy

posts: 8226   ·   registered: Apr. 23rd, 2012   ·   location: Southeast USA
id 8767901

Chaos ( member #61031) posted at 12:36 AM on Saturday, December 3rd, 2022

That's awesome!

BS-me/WH-4.5yrLTA Married 2+ decades - 2 adult children. Multiple DDays w/same AP until I told OBS 2018 Cease & Desist sent spring 2021 "Hello–My name is Chaos–You f***ed my husband-Prepare to Die!"

posts: 3857   ·   registered: Oct. 13th, 2017   ·   location: East coast
id 8767907

Grieving ( member #79540) posted at 12:42 AM on Saturday, December 3rd, 2022

That’s wonderful, Tanner!

Husband had six month affair with co-worker. Found out 7/2020. Married 20 years at that point; two teenaged kids. Reconciling.

id 8767910

Oldwounds ( member #54486) posted at 5:17 PM on Saturday, December 3rd, 2022

Nice. That does sound like a good moment.

I think R worked here at home because I refused to be the M detective, my wife had to want to be on the team, which means being open, honest and self reporting, etc.

It was a trigger I needed today, if in fact there are positive triggers.

Fair point regarding the existence of positive triggers, but if any trigger reveals some positive changes, that’s a good moment to build on.

Married 36+ years, together 41+ years
Two awesome adult sons.
Dday 6/16 4-year LTA Survived.
M Restored
"It is better to conquer our grief than to deceive it." — Seneca

posts: 4750   ·   registered: Aug. 4th, 2016   ·   location: Home.
id 8767981

Tanner (original poster guide #72235) posted at 7:30 PM on Saturday, December 3rd, 2022

I think R worked here at home because I refused to be the M detective, my wife had to want to be on the team, which means being open, honest and self reporting, etc.

Exactly, when I offered R I told her she is a grown adult and knows right from wrong. I will not live wondering what she is up to. I also knew I could trust my gut. Thankfully she is a terrible liar and I knew when the TT stopped.

id 8767998

Luna10 ( member #60888) posted at 9:44 PM on Saturday, December 3rd, 2022

Congrats!

It took me back to Summer of 2019 when she was glued to her phone constantly, she never set it down near me

It’s amazing how many signs of the affair were there which we ignored at a conscious level but shouted "something is wrong".

I’m in the same situation, WH’s phone is these days mostly in my bag when we go out (because he hates having it in his pocket and asks me to carry it for him), around the house is pretty much left everywhere openly.

This is how it always used to be and yet, during the affair, I failed to notice the sudden change of his phone being glued to him. I remember the month before dday, us being on holiday in Italy, asking him to give me his phone to take a picture or search something up and him being really annoyed and asking why do I need his phone, giving it to me reluctantly but standing there with his hand stretched out to snatch it as soon as I finished.

I remember feeling that something wasn’t right and asking him what was that about (I stupidly thought he didn’t want to share it in a selfish way, not that he was actually having an affair) and him replying "I don’t want the battery to die".

Later on it all fell into place, all these weird moments that made no sense suddenly became clear.

I felt so credulous, it was all so obvious.

[This message edited by Luna10 at 9:45 PM, Saturday, December 3rd]

Dday - 27th September 2017

posts: 1856   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2017   ·   location: UK
id 8768012

Tanner (original poster guide #72235) posted at 2:00 PM on Sunday, December 4th, 2022

Luna10

It’s the same for us, if we go for walk I keep the phone on my pocket. If we are sitting outside she plays music with her Bluetooth I have her phone looking for songs, playing DJ.

Like you said about the picture, I was talking about upgrading our phones, she seemed anxious asking what would that look like, who would have the phone? I missed that sign.

I really don’t need her phone, I know what her lying and cheating looks like. I will never dismiss my gut feeling.

id 8768073

Want2BHappyAgain ( member #45088) posted at 2:34 PM on Monday, December 5th, 2022

To ME...a trigger is something that sets off a memory. I tried to make every trigger turn into a positive...or an indifferent object or situation at the least smile . You've now made the phone a positive trigger...and that is AWESOME grin !!!

I believe it all ties back to our limbic system...or lizard brain and our GUT. You have experienced calmness with the phone now...and not the anxiety and stress that came before. This has helped calm your lizard brain...as well as your GUT. Kudos to BOTH of you for retraining y'alls lizard brain grin !!!

A "perfect marriage" is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

With God ALL things are possible (Matthew 19:26)

I AM happy again...It CAN happen!!!

From respect comes great love...sassylee

posts: 6668   ·   registered: Oct. 2nd, 2014   ·   location: Southeastern United States
id 8768210
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20241001a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy