Cookies are required for login or registration. Please read and agree to our cookie policy to continue.

Newest Member: 2Blue2C_RedFlags

New Beginnings :
Ex doesnt follow covid guidelines

Topic is Sleeping.

Jess09 (original poster member #68747) posted at 10:06 PM on Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Hi all, happy to be almost a year post divorce from the master manipulator cheater! Things were pretty good till Covid turned everything upside down and created a new type of stress.

My ex has zero morals or common sense. So of course I worry when my kids are with him. He has already broken the social distancing guidelines many times. He will ask me for permission before doing things just to make himself look like a great coparent. But then do whatever he wants when he is with them and then ask the kids to not tell me. What a great dad. He is so gross.

Anyhow, his family is having a big party next weekend with for sure guests beyond close family. He asked me how I felt about it. I of course dont want them going. His family is pretty void of common sense also. It will be a party as if Covid doesnt exist. I want to say no. My kids are teens but one of them has asthma. So I worry. I have been able to keep them safe so far. But how long can I keep it up. Would love to hear other opinions or thoughts.

id 8563900

J707 ( member #63778) posted at 10:58 PM on Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Back in April my ex was having BBQs at her house. I found out from my kids just talking about their week. I laid into her and she stopped having people over. Of course I was controlling her That was then, this is now. Regardless Covid is still here.

You don't sound comfortable with it, I wouldn't be either. What are your kids thoughts? Tell him the truth. Parties and gatherings, especially inside with shared food is worrisome to me. I've read to many stories about those situations. I wouldn't let them go, especially if ex and family are like, whatever.

posts: 1113   ·   registered: May. 14th, 2018   ·   location: Ca
id 8563928

Okokok ( member #56594) posted at 11:05 PM on Sunday, July 19th, 2020

You are telling my story, basically. Make no mistake: it's awful. This disease is real and dangerous and these horrible sicknesses and deaths do not need to be an inevitablility. Of course you should be concerned about your kids (and yourself) and really pissed.

Ugh, it's a hard one. As long as he's not breaking a law, there's not a lot you can do if the kids are with him.

So is there anything you can do to ensure they won't be with him?

I agree with J707. Do what you can to really talk to him. Kids too. Do they know that it's dangerous?

And yeah, honestly I'd even talk to the kids about the dangers. Doesn't really matter if it sours your relationship with their dad a bit. You're keeping them safe in a pandemic.

[This message edited by Okokok at 5:12 PM, July 19th (Sunday)]

Erstwhile BH and BBF. Always healing.

Divorced dad with little kids.

posts: 1265   ·   registered: Dec. 29th, 2016   ·   location: Massachusetts
id 8563931
Topic is Sleeping.
Cookies on SurvivingInfidelity.com®

SurvivingInfidelity.com® uses cookies to enhance your visit to our website. This is a requirement for participants to login, post and use other features. Visitors may opt out, but the website will be less functional for you.

v.1.001.20241001a 2002-2024 SurvivingInfidelity.com® All Rights Reserved. • Privacy Policy